What To Expect
Prior to Surgery
- We will call you before the scheduled surgery to go over important preoperative instructions, obtain insurance information and answer any questions
- If additional questions arise, feel free to call the center at (386) 878-8080
- If your condition changes before surgery, notify your doctor or the Blue Spring Surgery Center. This may include catching a cold, exposure to a communicable disease or any other change in health.
- Bring all insurance materials. These include insurance identification cards and forms. You should be prepared to pay any deductible and co-insurance on the day of surgery.
- The Center accepts cash, personal checks, cashier's checks, MasterCard, Visa, and Care Credit.
- The business office will contact you prior to surgery to notify you of the amount of insurance benefits estimated and your share of the expenses.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing and leave all jewelry and valuables at home. Storage for clothing will be provided.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before surgery. Also, do not chew gum or use tobacco products, Anything you eat or drink INCLUDING WATER is dangerous. Please check with your physician regarding your usual medications.
When it is time for you to be discharged, verbal and written instructions will be provided for your care at home. It is normal to feel dizzy and sleepy after a surgery. You must arrange for a ride home and have an adult stay with you for 24 hours after surgery. A nurse will call you at home to check on your progress and answer any questions.
Take it easy
Plan to go home and rest for the remainder of the day. Your body needs time to recover from the stress of surgery. A friend or relative must be with you throughout the night. Follow your doctor's instructions when you begin eating. Gradually resume normal activities. Follow specific instructions provided by the doctor regarding diet, exercise, and resuming regular medication. Contact your doctor for visits in their office. if you are not able to reach your doctor OR if you feel your condition needs immediate attention go to your nearest Emergency Room.
We hope you will be pleased with the service you receive, and that you will have a quick and complete recovery. In the meantime, if you have any questions about your progress, call your doctor.
Blue Spring Surgery Center’s patients may request a more personalized estimate of charges and other information from our facility and other health care providers. Always contact your health care practitioner to insure that they participate within our network.