Specialties & Outpatient Surgery - Orange City, FL
At Blue Springs Surgery Center, we offer a low cost alternative to the hospital setting for outpatient surgery patients in DeBary, Deltona, Orange City, Lake Mary and other surrounding Volusia County communities. We pride ourselves in providing a safe, efficient and comforting environment to patients who are undergoing outpatient procedures.
Our general surgery center houses 3 operating rooms each equipped with the supplies and resources needed to accomplish the surgical task. We have a GI suite, a Pain Management suite, 5 Pre-op beds, 8 Recovery beds and 8 sit-up recovery chairs.
Blue Springs Surgery Center maximizes every minute from the patient's arrival and prep, through surgery, recovery and discharge. Our center's design ensures optimal efficiency, respecting our patients' time and needs.
Some of our specialties include:
- ENT (Ears, Nose and Throat) - Procedures that include sinus balloon plastic surgeries that help to open up sinus cavities to repair deviated septums.
- Gastroenterology - The branch of medicine which deals with disorders of the stomach and intestines. Including procedures that include colonoscopies.
- General Surgery - With technical advances today, surgery does not necessarily mean large incisions, as it did in the past. Depending on the type of surgery, there are several surgery methods that may be performed:
- Open surgery - an "open" surgery means the cutting of skin and tissues so that the surgeon has a full view of the structures or organs involved. Examples of open surgery are the removal of the organs, such as the gallbladder or kidneys.
- Minimally invasive surgery - minimally invasive surgery is any technique involved in surgery that does not require a large incision. This relatively new approach allows the patient to recuperate faster with less pain. Not all conditions are suitable for minimally invasive surgery. These procedures include mainly abdominal and hernia repair.
- Gynecology - Dilation and curettage (D&C) is a brief surgical procedure in which the cervix is dilated and a special instrument is used to scrape the uterine lining. Knowing what to expect before, during, and after a D&C may help ease your worries and make the process go more smoothly.
- Hand Surgery - Common hand surgery procedures offered at Blue Springs Surgery Center include:
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome - Carpal tunnel symptoms are typically numbness and tingling in hand and arm. Carpal tunnel syndrome is a medical condition that occurs by the pressure on the median nerve (pinched nerve) narrowing the carpal tunnel.
- Osteoarthritis - Osteoarthritis (OA) is the most common form of arthritis in the world. Is is commonly referred to as "wear and tear" arthritis and degenerative joint disease.
- Wrist Tendonitis - Wrist tendonitis means inflamation of the tendons in the wrist. Mild pain is typical of this condition, however, and is considered localized pain in or around the tendon.
- Wrist Fracture - A wrist fracture can occur in any of the 10 bones surrounding it, meaning any of the ten bones can break. The most common wrist fracture is in the radius.
- Ganglion Cysts - Ganglion cysts typically develop along the tendons or joints of your wrist or hands. These particular cysts are noncancerous and are usually painless.
- Ophthalmology - The branch of medicine concerned with the study and treatment of disorders and diseases of the eye, including the retina.
- Orthopedics - Knee surgery, hand surgery, shoulder surgery , spine and hip surgery are all surgeries that are included under Orthopedics and performed by an orthopedic surgeon.
- Pain Management - Pain management includes medicines and therapies that include injections to treat pain from a surgery, injury, or illness. Pain can cause changes in your physical and emotional health.
- Podiatry - Podiatry or podiatric medicine is a branch of medicine devoted to the study, diagnosis, and medical and surgical treatment of disorders of the foot and ankle.
- Retina - There are 3 types of eye surgery your opthalmologist can perform for a detached retina; Pneumatic Retinopexy, Vitrectomy and Scleral Buckle.
Blue Spring Surgery Center’s patients may request a more personalized estimate of charges and other information from our facility and other health care providers. Always contact your health care practitioner to insure that they participate within our network.